Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

A happy new year to all my regular readers and of course also those who only visit briefly as part of a broad sweep to find answers to universal questions usually of a sexual nature. 2010 was not a really marvelous year, dominated as it was for me with deaths of friends and family. I hope this is not a state of affairs I will have to get used to, at least, not at such level in the near future.

But of course I continue to be lucky, relatively comfortable and able to do a lot of the things I want to, other than fly unaided and stop war. Some things on the bright side: the long-term project of the Community: Building Modern Australia book finally came forth and there are more books and other publications in the offing, which feels good to me. Having Barry around is also a big plus, even if (news flash) his predilection for biting/mouthing is morphing subtly into a tendency to nip. In 2011 I expect to travel a bit this year – something I have mixed feelings about, but which I know will be worth it. I am not yet sure whether I will be flying unaided or stopping war like Julian Assange does.

The above was not the sum total of taking stock, by the way. I don’t have to take stock on my blog (or anywhere actually) if I don’t want to.

2 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

wishing you a satisfying 2011, and speaking of Assange, you could come over to my blog for a laugh.

Fabric Nation said...

Good luck with the flying. Been enjoying Barry's adventures.

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...