Saturday, May 22, 2010

bullock fest

Well I have been recuperating from illness so have been indulging in a bit of a Sandra Bullock fest here the last couple of days. Yesterday you see when I went to my doctor in Westmeadows I dropped into the op shop two doors down (I got to the Dr. six mins early) and picked up some VHS videos for a dollar each. Two of them were While You Were Sleeping and Two Weeks Notice. I had seen them a while ago but didn't really remember them, but enjoyed them again very much. I only like SB when she is doing comedy (I reinforced this by trying on 28 Days this evening, which I think is a drama, or at least a dramady and it didn't take at all). I thought we had a copy of Miss Congeniality somewhere too - now, that is a funny film - but no. Or, 'yes but I don't know where it is.'

What is not to like about Sandra Bullock in comedy films? She is superb. Though I would have liked her to find a leading man to suit her talents. Hugh Grant does alright, I suppose in Two Weeks Notice but he reminds me of someone annoying. WYWS is about her, not about any kind of Hepburn-Tracey type banter.

Oddly enough in both TWN and WYWS SB plays a character called Lucy, but not the same character called Lucy. Both films also have the same joke, about women discovering their feminine side. I was willing to stick with 28 Days if they had that in there but if they do, they didn't put it in in the first half hour.

No comments:

no pants today

Today I hastened to what has become known as the pants tree to see what pants were on the tree today. Disappointingly, the pants choice repr...