Sunday, October 15, 2023

stop or my dog will shoot (the simpsons s18 e20)

'The opening speech will be given by New York's most famous mayor'


He's just addressing dogs, so he's saying 'who's a good boy?' etc 

According to wikipedia Giuliani recorded his guest appearance but then had to be replaced by an actor because he was a presidential candidate... but now, his voice has been reinstituted in the currently available version of this episode. If that's true, it really doesn't sound like him (you'd think they'd find someone who sounded more like him) although I suppose this is 16 years ago. It doesn't look much like him either but ditto. 

As mentioned, I am watching a lot of this because it's not exactly Finnish practice, more precisely a useful reminder that it's a lifetime's work learning all this Finnish, for crying out loud. 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...