Tuesday, October 24, 2023

hire car

Adelaide News 20 July 1954 p. 17

The fact is, businesspeople operate companies and employ dogsbodies paid nothing so when they implement shitty practices customers are arseholes when they get crabby at the poor fools operating at the coalface. 

I also have to admit it's my fault that I can't remember 'pin numbers', so could not put a $200 deposit down for a car I was hiring. But up to that point I (we all in the queue) had been kept waiting close on half an hour as the car hire place was understaffed (five portals for customer service, two people working there) and they were already obviously planning on giving me a monster truck as as substitution for the tiny thing I had booked because I don't like driving large cars (and they cost more to run). 

Anyway I can't say they didn't warn me at the end of a very long email I hadn't bothered to read that I was going to have to pay that deposit. When I try the whole process again next week (at another supplier obvs) I will be better prepared, not just to pay extra money, but also to be thoroughly irritated by a very irritating process. 

That's actually the more annoying part, that I was so annoyed, all the way. I was really, really annoyed and I need to work on being less of a cliched entitled annoyed prick. It's kind of hard to get over. But the innocent suffer. 

*Update then six hours later they sent me an invoice?! I had actually cancelled at the hire office. I called them and they were like oh no you also have to cancel on the website. Cunts. 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...