Monday, September 07, 2015

facebook killed the blogger er... star

It's not like I'm not here for the long haul it's just that fb answers a lot of more immediate needs. I just went down the 'networking' links to the right and saw quite a few had died or disappeared over time. There were some that were still evident but obviously not being used anymore (inc. farewell notices) so I disappeared them all except the ones for which I had special fondness. So weird the indonesian wi fi ads that spring up in their place.
I suppose everything ends. Just noticed.
I do, surprisingly, get a massive amount of traffic on this blog every day, I guess just because in the scheme of things a big heap of writing is going to get caught up in search engines etc, right? I can't imagine any other reason, unless there is a drinking game associated with this magnum opus.
If there is, please have one for me. It's half past two in the morning and I woke up with a start having heard a whole manufactured ZZ Top song in my dream. The song was a lot like Dire Straits' 'Money for Nothing' but it was about a guitar playin' man who was happy living in a beachhouse and eating crabs he caught and he was the best guitar player you ever did hear. It was an awful, awful song.

No comments:

today's pants