Saturday, April 18, 2015

lorraine crescent ten years ago: 'hurt my toe' (18 April 2005)


In more scintillating news, I hurt my toe on Saturday night walking down the unlit corridor, I banged it on the case of a bass our neighbour Ed leant us a few months ago. It, it being the toe, has since gone an angry crimson.
Sunday was alright in the scheme of things apart from my limping. We went to the Record Fair at Ukrainian House in Essendon. As it happened I didn't feel that much like buying records, so passed up on things that at other times would probably be milestones for me, like a single of Hush doing the Crunchie ad. The only thing I actually bought was a Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Tich album, which is alright in a halfway-betwixt-bubblegum-and-Manfred-Mann kind of way, but when it comes down to it who needs it? I didn't, but it cost $2 so who cares. Mia got some better things, a great Muddy Waters album on Chess with sleevenotes by Willie Dixon etc. Also Nico's The End and Sergio Mendez. Pretty decent really. The thing that really put me off I feel was the fact that we were there about midday and the record stall proprietors were eating food, which meant many disgusting smells and foul mouth noises. Also, I don't have that much money at the moment.
On returning I went back to the essays I am hoeing through with gusto. Got a lot done in terms of marking on the weekend which means I can return a big batch of essays to students today and will probably be able to return most to my Wednesday and Thursday class as well.
My sister and her family came over briefly, the girls retired to the music room quite fast and Olivia (almost 3, unless she's almost 4, though that seems unlikely) did a very creditable 'Do You Know the Way to San Jose'. Mia cleaned the house dramatically all weekend and I take my hat off to her. I couldn't have done it.
I have not kept a diary in about ten years, but every time I come across things I've written about day-to-day life in the past I am amazed at how little I remember. I don't remember it even if I write it down. In a related incident I got a book out of the library to aid me in a lecture and then, in notes on a similar subject, discovered I had read the book in its entirety and made notes on it, four years ago. I have absolutely no recollection of doing so.

No comments:

return of the tree pants

  Well, actually these aren't returning they're new, and the tree never went anywhere, it's unable to do anything about this ind...