Friday, January 03, 2014

my 'graphics' file # 1


I don't know why I have a 'graphics' file in my filing cabinet but I do (or did - I'm throwing this stuff out after I scan it). I wish, in a way, though in another way I don't care, that in compiling the 'graphics' file I had written a note to myself 'Dear Self, the reason your past self is compiling this material is that...' but I didn't. I remember all of these things, though, which are images I've come across while doing other research which attracted me in some way or another. I knew I'd never see them again if I didn't retain them somehow so,  you know, I retained them somehow. I guess that in fact I'm continuing to retain them, and foist them on you too. 


Above is from Sydney Morning Herald, 1 September 1930 p. 8




I don't know where the above is from, but I made about seven copies of the image trying to get a good reproduction of it - clearly because I wanted a good shot of 'Johnson'. I don't know. I just don't know.

No comments:

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...