Friday, July 13, 2012

myki

Today I was at B'meadows station and there were people in Myki shirts with Myki pamphlets. As I swiped my Myki card on the Myki card reader one of the Myki men said to me

MM: How are you liking Myki?
ME: Well, I don't love it.
MM: Don't love it... so you don't hate it?
ME: Sometimes I hate it.
[Silence, mexican stand off for a second until our eyes disengage and I walk off down the platform, during which:]
MM [thinks]: I don't care about Myki. You don't care about Myki. At least give me some acknowledgement that I am a human being, and we are having a conversation. Use some of those ordinary conversational tropes we white men use and give out a little bit of karma, so it's not just all about Myki and what a terrible system it is.
ME [thinks]: I fuckin' hate Myki, when it comes down to it. I would really like to make the idiot who invented this terrible, unworkable system eat Myki cards till they shit Myki cards. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not an advertisement. but i really like your blog, and I want to help you,but you can have a professional wordpress blog designed for just 100 dollars, which includes hosting and domain.Professional designer will help you. so in 100 dollars you will get.
Domain
unlimited hosting
graphic designing
help of web designer
visit http://www.iwantwebsite.com

David said...

I'm glad it's not an advertisement

boy moritz said...

good stuff. tell your wife thanks for the tee shirt. wait, forget it, I'll tell her myself!!!

warning gross adult content

This is not the adult content precisely though I suppose it depends on your adult imagination. Two things about this, which I saw this morni...