Thursday, March 22, 2012

slowed to a trickle

I am amazed at how full my days are currently. I have absolutely no time for anything except running to keep up with work commitments. Even then, all I manage to get done are the superficial daily things to maintain the general 'ticking over'. It's shocking! I don't remember being so busy, for instance, this time last year when I seemed to get a whole lot more done. And I do have a lot of extra things that need to be worked on, journal articles, a book chapter and so on. Mainly it's teaching that's taking up my time, and assessment. I suppose those things don't really count as 'superficial', nor are they really ephemeral, but they are... temporal? Anyway, I'm looking for traction here and it hasn't happened yet. I have barely even had time to watch Neighbours - talk about the road to hell and good intentions.

One noteworthy thing is that Barry's mother Taffy is staying with us at the moment. She is in the top left of this picture. It's made for interesting dognamics.


Hope you're well.

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...