Wednesday, October 05, 2016

the ric melbourne crazy album

Never let anyone tell you that there was ever any such thing as the good old days. Wow, the world is horrible enough now, but it was twice as horrible even in my lifetime. Thrice maybe. This is so extraordinarily - I think the best word is 'lame' - that I do think it would be funnier if you didn't understand English. Truly the only funny thing - and I am using the term broadly - is in one sketch where a horse puts its head through the door at various punchlines and neighs, for no reason.* Which reminds me, happy birthday Phar Lap.

By the way I guess you had to be there, but I was, and I am pretty sure this wasn't funny then, then again, I still think back to when Graham** Kennedy was a regular guest on some show... on 3LO I think... where they'd regularly play Don McLean's 'Wonderful Baby', a song I still love, and at the end Kennedy would make bird noises. And when I think back to that, I laugh. No accounting for anything, including taste.

* Though there is also a song sung by a whinger which I kind of enjoyed though I didn't really think it was funny.

** Update 6 July 2023 sorry about the misspelling of Graham Kennedy's name and the fact that this error was allowed to remain for almost seven years. 

No comments:

today's pants