Saturday, August 21, 2010

voting with their forepaws

I have gone many days at a stretch without reading the newspaper in the last few weeks as I have found it so disheartening. Disgusting, really. The only one good thing I can say if Abbott gets in is that it shows a trend towards greater exercising of democratic freedoms amongst some sectors of the population. The bad thing is it will make governments even more cowardly.

Up at Gladstone Park HS the scene was pretty sad. I was particularly grossed (about 120% as much as I would have been if it was a party I supported) by the family who had a small child (about 2, sucking a dummy) holding up a Liberal how-to-vote card as they exited the polling station.

I can't imagine what life will be like if Abbott gets in. I won't really know, I suppose: I will just withdraw.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

depressing isn't it? I have at least turned off ABC RN in the mornings so I don't have to listen to Fran Kelly's cheerleading... I can't even listen to Michelle Grattan these days.

Cw Novianto N said...

Good job ...you have the experience more than evrything ...one more time u have nice blog.

iODyne said...

I could have stood Malcolm Turnbull if we had to have UNLiberal govt again, but really, the thing about Our PM is that she is just like any male pollie.
For a real Watership Down, I would laugh if Julie Bishop challenged MrRabbit for Head Bunny position.
Two chicks brawling-out the next election would be just like the Crystal-Alexis bitch-slap on Dynasty way back in the olden days.

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...