Saturday, April 16, 2011

broccoli


Mia tells me that broccoli in summer needs a hundred toxic chemicals to make it grow and you eat those when you eat it. i was just reminded of this when I had to take some old yellow broccoli up to the compost bin. The dogs always follow me when I go up there, because most of the time, there's something in it for them. In this case there was. It was a biscuit each. Charlie got the heart and Barry got the bone. It is rare for either of them to get a full bone-shaped biscuit because these ones are easily snapped in two, unlike the heart ones, which crumble. I can see Barry right now, up the hill, sniffing around. He has a vivid if solitary private life.

1 comment:

Petticoats and Chrome said...

I did not know that. Broccoli is one of my staple foods. I guess I should look out for the organic variety next time.

It sounds like you have a lovely large property. Lucky you!

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...