Wednesday, July 28, 2010

riff in my head

I dreamt that I got a chance to hear again a song I really liked from my late teenage years, by one of those bands who made, you know, a minor hit then an album and then they didn't really do much else, and I heard this song and it was a kind of mid-paced rocker, and I thought, god I never thought I was the kind of person to really like that sort of thing but apparently I am.
That's bad enough but I still have the song in my head now, and unlike when Keith Richards dreamt up Satisfaction, it's really, really horrible and I can't get rid of it. Mind you, Keith didn't really appreciate the value of Satisfaction at first. Mind you, I can't write music so there's no way I could record it or do anything with it even if I thought it was rad.

Horrible

The song as it is playing in my head includes an audience clapping along.

1 comment:

BwcaBrownie said...

I still like all the same stuff I liked 1963-1983, and hardly anything since. Listening this week to old 'Shakey' Young and noticing he clearly loved the Everly Bros. and while knowing every Lou Reed lyric, I can confess easily that I am a closet BeeGees fan too. there is no 'good type' of music, just good stuff, and the crap. Kylie is crap. total crap.

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...