Wednesday, October 28, 2009

dub t f?


I must say when I first spied these vinyl LPs, most of them smashed up a bit, nailed to a board in the usual rubbish-to-be-collected pile out the front of my workplace, my first (primal) thought was 'It's a trap'. The only album I might have wanted, Kate Bush's The Kick Inside, was in pieces.* Some of the others were interestingly (?) those older, not graphite still vinyl but more brittle, less flexible LPs of the early 60s, classical labels. I didn't examine too closely in case someone hungry had a crossbow levelled at me.

* But I don't want it without a cover anyway. If I found it in the street, intact, or in an op shop for 50c - $5, I'd take it home.

1 comment:

spades of said...

My copy has a scratch on side 1 that goes the entire radius from the outside in until wuthering heights where it stops.

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...