Sunday, September 08, 2024

to pyhäjärvi (two weeks ago)

Bit of a fragmented post this one. This afternoon (Saturday 24/8) was my big chance to walk around Pyhäjärvi, a trip I'd done almost exactly 8 years ago (but really, 7 years 11 months) or perhaps this is the actual trip I'm confused now. Things are all different in the 2020s because they have a tram that takes you to a significant point near the lake, so I got on that, but guess what - the new building at the tram terminus (presumably, inspired/enabled by the tram terminus) means mapsonmyphone doesn't know where to take you anymore as certain thoroughfares are blocked off. So it was a bit of a meander until I decided, very uncertain, to go up this laneway. 
This proved to be the correct choice, as it transpired as there was a walkway through to the other side of this wall (atop which runs a railway line). 

This tunnel is so gnarly and yet I couldn't say no. 
Actually, I'd been in it before. As the post I linked to above shows, because I had seen this shot tower before. 
In this instance the building below the shot tower was being used for a wedding event. 
I don't think you need my commentary on anything else do you? Just enjoy the immense beauty of this place. I think Tampere is the best. 























No comments:

flook in the second half of september 1954