Tuesday, September 10, 2024

tapiola (two weeks ago) megamix

This is my last full day in Finland, this time around, and I think I have kind of dropped the ball in terms of tallying my activities the last couple of days so... get ready for a picture dump... I'll split it into two. Or maybe three posts, or four, just so I don't end up with such a huge post it won't load or something.

So this is Tapiola on a Sunday evening, it's remarkable how much of the original town still exists even if things are basically shut up and probably falling apart (while it's also clearly a lived in city as well). I think this building below was the information centre or something. 


Below - the corridor of my hotel. I bet if I made a joke about The Shining I'd only be about the ten thousandth person to do so. Forgot my tricycle! 
View from my room (this was before I noticed that there was a door to the balcony...)

So that building out there is the swimming pool, it's completely closed up and empty. 
This statue, by the way, is meant to be like this. 
'Häikäistynyt' means 'dazzled'. 

I think a keskustorni is a town square. 









More soon


No comments:

the flagstaff hotel, who knew

...a lot of people probably but I didn't. I have started (gulp) watching Division 4. This is an establishing shot from the episode '...