Thursday, September 05, 2024

just a few more wednesday things (two weeks ago)

This is one of those second hand markets where things are in numbered sections and people take them to the front counter and say I got this from stall 28. You know what I'm trying to say. Anyway, today it wasn't very good but sometimes it might be I suppose. 

Some buildings are being demolished. I was wondering whether the watering was an asbestos remedy. 
I'm sorry to be missing this event, looks good. 
I wanted to visit the Oulu branch of Levykauppa Äx, which is a record store chain and moderately OK as far as I can tell, but it was closed, must have been recent as its ceiling is still there.* 
But ill wind... I went to another shop, called Aseman Divari, which promotes itself as a bookshop but it has a lot of records and even a record player. I got some things from there. I met this lovely dog. But also most interestingly...
the woman who owned (I think with her husband, who wasn't there) the shop really put me on the spot about what my interest was in Finland and Finnish culture, and what's so good about Finland and why do I care about this small country? Great questions I tried to answer. She was all like she'd understand if I was married to a Finn and felt compelled to get involved but if that's not it how do things like this start, etc? I couldn't really get to a proper answer and instead just said things like, there must be other people who feel like I do, it's a very beautiful country and a fascinating culture etc. I enjoyed the discussion and she really had a point. 

*Later I discovered it had moved a few blocks away.

No comments:

the flagstaff hotel, who knew

...a lot of people probably but I didn't. I have started (gulp) watching Division 4. This is an establishing shot from the episode '...