Monday, September 09, 2024

how does blogger's reach work? (two weeks ago)

I do occasionally fuss about who reads this blog, although of course I write it like anyone who has written for publication necessarily has to write (unless they're planning on driving themselves insane), I write as though no-one is ever going to read it, or if they do, I will be entirely unable to get my true meaning across anyway. That sends me into a spiral regarding what is meaning, etc, and everything's more fucked than it already was, but it's fine. 

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that having been in Finland for I think ten days now, my Finnish readership has picked up massively, which surely can only mean that some algorithmically oriented thing is somehow knowing that I'm in Finland, although I have yet to post anything readable (I put everything back two weeks, why? Well because I don't want people to know I'm out of my house in case they go and burgle it. But then, foolishly, I went on RRR last week and mentioned I was international. But then, I had already started posting things two weeks ahead, so can't really stop). So something associated with blogger must somehow be promoting my blog to Finns, although blogger doesn't (as far as I know) promote anything online really, but must show up in search engine results somehow. I tried to investigate how this works but all I ever get (on Reddit etc.) is 'blogger? I remember blogger from when I was 14, and now I'm so-o-o-o o-o-o-ld'. 

I'm in Tapiola now, and it's sumptuous, I'll write about it later when I have more than that to say. 

 

No comments:

the flagstaff hotel, who knew

...a lot of people probably but I didn't. I have started (gulp) watching Division 4. This is an establishing shot from the episode '...