First things first. It must really fry the collective hide of the people at the Estonian National Museum that they have to have this thing over the road from them. Cocking a snook every day.
I mean I have already been to the best upside down house in the world so why would I bother, but I didn't go inside this one, to cut a long story short. Instead I proceeded in a leisurely direction to the museum.
I was told, and this is rad, that my ticket would unlock English translations for everything, just by tapping on a tab. and it did, including all these kindles or whatever they are which defaulted Estonian (of course) but would go to English whenever I asked.
Thus...Grr, country people. Actually what's weirdest to me is that until I re-read this caption I had been under the impression it relayed the information that rich people had been responsible for the fecal problem, not hicks. But it was hicks.
A selection of chamber pots
This is a temporary exhibition, about dyeing. This video (well, sequence of videos I suppose) showing an ancient dyeing process was frankly captivating, and I'm not being sarcastic.
OK so Estonian is an amazing language, and it is madness. I love it.
And this is how reading that makes me feel:
No comments:
Post a Comment