Monday, August 03, 2026

helsinki 2 july 2026

This morning I noticed there was actually a cafe of some description across the park from this airbnb so I went there and asked for a double espresso - the only kind of coffee I can drink in a non-coffee country like this. The girl behind the counter (no doubt actually a woman behind the counter but no doubt closer to the age of 0 than I am to the age of 100, so 'girl' seems appropriate somehow) pointed to the coffee machine, which looked perfectly fine to me, and said that she couldn't make a double espresso, only an espresso. So I stupidly got an Americano, I really don't know why. 

After that I had to remedy with a real double espresso from a chain. Then even though I have vowed no more pastries, the devil made me get a pulla. So silly.

Other things from today: 



'Waiter. One red-green Helsinki and the cheapest triple sec in the house, thank you!' Yeah I don't get it either. 


So I went to the Workers museum with Steve and Franziska (however while I was there I left my phone in my bag hence no pictures - I got a brochure I'll show you later). Before I went there though I went to a nearby flea market and saw:


I looked at a lot of CDs, none of them seemed particularly exciting. 

How much would you pay for a racist licorice tin? This was priced at €100.
Old friend



No comments:

port albert 2

The next morning we set out to have more PA experience, but being us, we went to exactly the same places (only in daytime). We did see this ...