Wednesday, August 05, 2026

tampere 5 july - 1

So this morning I had a lo-o-o-ong time before any decent coffee was available, at you know a cafe, in fact, I had until 9:30 am until that was a possibility, so I went walking towards Lake Näsijärvi just to, you know, walk. I'd never been around there before and I was up for something new. 

So the above picture is the enclosed bridge you can travel across to get into a lift which takes you a few floors down to the road. The lift is part of an apartment building. 

Houseboats are cool. It was cool to see these. 


They're not bad are they. I photographed these from the lift. 


This is the building in question, with the lift on the left. You can see what kind of ascent we're talking about here. Last time I was here, a couple of years ago, I found a way through a tunnel. That was fun, but elevator's better. The next thing I encountered was a mole:


It's quite good but I don't know what anyone would do with it. Anyway, it's not going anywhere (except the bits that are falling in the water). 

This pumphouse is less interesting than most pumphouses, don't spend too much time on it. Things get more interesting...




See, like this place: 
Or this place:
It's a cellar and shed!
Bit creepy in a way...








No comments:

6 july a dog on the bus in tampere

This was a dog on the bus in Tampere, as I went to the station.  Good-bye Tampere! You still got it!