Monday, August 10, 2026

tallinn 10 july

Woke early, took a walk in what I thought was a new direction and I was entirely wrong and just ended up rehashing a lot of the previous evening's terrain. 

There was this new housing development. Not uninteresting, if you have low expectations of what could be interesting. 


More accommodation of old infrastructure. 


Anyway, very quickly I found myself back where we'd been the previous evening, because I had a worse sense of direction than I thought. 

In the spirit of the name I give my blog these days... check out this northern light
That thing's still there. 

And the Linnahall again

A bit of hare action in the distance.


You know who used to live here (below)? Johan Pitka 1872-1944. 


And you know who lives here... this cat. 

Come on, this is an album cover. Or a book cover. It's the cover of something. 


So coming back through the cemetery park, I got some information.

And these are the abovementioned gravestone markers in the bell tower. 


Just before we say goodbye to Tallinn, a couple of shots of the airbnb. It was pretty great. 


I left for Helsinki on the 10:30 ferry (which mysteriously actually left at 10:10...!) and S&F flew back to Hamburg via Cophenhagen later in the day. 

It was great travelling with them. 


No comments:

helsinki 10 july - maustetytöt

Now things really start winding down in a big way. I feel like I have been away for two years (it's been two weeks today). See selfie be...