Thursday, December 01, 2022

auckland a week ago


Well, I would not be so jejeune as to describe the trip to Auckland as gruelling. All that happened was, we were about an hour late taking off, and so it's now 3:21 Auckland time as I write this and I'm not tired really though I have a headache and feel somewhat ticked off that my room is this massive space with a spectacular view but it's all kind of shoddy and for instance the wardrobe door is sticky on the side and the whole thing just looks like faded 80s grandeur. It's far too big for one person (a huge living area and a reasonably large bedroom, a bathroom etc) and while it does have a wardrobe for instance what it doesn't have is a place to put things like socks. No drawers, is what I'm saying. Also, for a fairly exy hotel, no snacks or bar, not that I ever drink anything from the bar fridge but... just feels weird. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Also, the guy at the desk said 'we checked your card and it was declined,' which it... couldn't have been, but if it was, they didn't email me about that or anything (and when I emailed them a few days ago to say I'd be late coming, they didn't respond). Gripe, whine, it's fine but still it sort of sucks. 

On the plane I watched the first two episodes of the show Hacks which I'd heard about and it had never really appealed to me as a concept, but the minute I started watching it I was like yes. Jean Smart and Hannah Einbinder both hit the ground running and have a tremendous 'y'know, we're not so different after all' chemistry which I really enjoy. I will strive to see more of this show, it's great. 

That said: I have the balcony door open, and it's raining really heavily out there, and the temperature's nicely cool, no mosquitoes here. I miss Laura, Nancy'n'Helmi and Perry but otherwise, I feel reasonably OK. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...