Thursday, December 01, 2022

auckland a week ago

Thursday 24/11 was a fieldwork day trying to get photos of a few things around Auckland for a forthcoming book. It was partially successful. Te Atatu, which is a peninsula suburb somewhere in the west, was further away than I remembered and harder to get to than I imagined - same old principles, one you realise where the information is, it's easy but you have to have known where to look first. I had a decent time in Auckland anyway and I am ready to say it: it's not a terrible place. 


Earlier I showed you the view from the hotel room, which is pretty nice. This is the view inside the hotel room. Actually pretty horrible. 
Myers Park
These ridiculous birds saw my verandah door open and wandered in like they owned the place. Perhaps they do.
Life.

Op Shop on a train station platform. I didn't go in, I had a train to catch (and the escalators were out of order so it was urgent). 
This motorway is one of the abominations of the southern hermisphere. 
Skyline
Symonds St Cemetery
The flats adjoining the K Road end of Myers Park
Myers Park again


No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...