Tuesday, December 13, 2022

homicide 309 'the professional'

 













This episode went to air on 14 September 1971. I must say 1971 was the best year yet for Homicide (i.e. I don't really know what the years after that were like, yet). Anyway this episode interested me because it ended in what they said was Broadmeadows (I think they say 'the Cloudland estate' but I might be wrong - I don't think there was such an estate in Broadmeadows in the 70s). I suspect that these scenes were shot slightly north of Lorraine Crescent, sort of around here, but I'm only guessing. It could even be in the actual Lorraine area - those houses were completed in 1972. 

The second last picture above is a rare example of a Homicide interior that is actually a genuine home interior (of an incomplete home, obvs). I wonder if they got permission to film. Surely they must have. If only for purposes of insurance. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...