Wednesday, November 30, 2022

trip to auckland 23 november-27 november (a week ago)


23 November 

 

Things were a bit fraught today even though it’s only a 4 day trip to Auckland, a flight roughly as short/long as the trip to Perth but it seems like such an extra thing, an international flight. 

Now (just after 7 pm on Wednesday 23/11) I’m waiting with a bunch of other very patient people for a plane which is late. I suppose that lateness will translate into getting to Auckland in the middle of the night. It’s weird how this situation makes you feel so kind of – there should be another word than anxious, but it probably is anxiety. 

I am sitting near the desk and listening to all the p-r-o-b-l-e-m-s which mainly seem to be people who stopped off in Melbourne en route to NZ from some other place unaware that they needed a visa to visit Australia, but possibly it’s more complicated than that. Or less.* You tell me. Also, ‘the guy’ keeps getting walkie talkie messages that catering hasn’t shown up. I don’t care. I don’t need any food I had a thai salad, so called, with tofu so hot I thought this is actually going to damage my mouth for a few days (doesn’t seem to have though). Wowie zowie. 


* Gosh, yes, even stranger than that. The guy has just been in the airport for 24 hours, he did not try to go through immigration or anything he's just been in transit. He seems to think this is not even slightly strange. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...