Tuesday, December 27, 2022

wake up

I still haven't had a proper listen to all the discs in the Essential Logic box set but there is one notable omission to the compilation - this EP. I gather (actually I think I read it in the book in the box, but I probably knew it already) this was released on Virgin as the group's first release as-a-group (as opposed to a hastily assembled studio project, see below) and then almost instantaneously withdrawn after objection from Disney, who own the copyright on the cover image. Apparently there was no will to reissue the record with a different sleeve or anything like that. Two of the songs were rerecorded for the Beat Rhythm News LP, and the other two remain exclusive to this release.

I once owned the 12" but I don't anymore, as far as I can tell, I don't know what happened there. I have the 7" version (tracks are identical). What I was surprised to find via discogs was that the 12" is really common, or at least, very cheap to buy even now 43 years later, but the 7" is quite rare. 

This is my copy of the first EL single 'Aerosol Burns'. It is what it is. I mean, it is pretty good. Apparently Lora Logic just made it up on the spot and claims it was all recorded in a couple of hours from completely spontaneous 'go into the studio, do what feels right' situation. I do really like that story of her being sacked from X Ray Spex and someone or other tracking her down and giving her a few bob to just make a record. I'm really glad that happened. 

Today is a horrendously hot day, and I'm stuck indoors for the foreseeable in a situation where even though it's more or less bearable in the house, any activity makes one hot and uncomfortable. Fuck it. 
 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...