Saturday, December 03, 2022

i mean this is more illegal than a homicide surely


I recall early in my time watching Homicide that it really did look like they would periodically get the Herald to knock out a fake front page for them to advance plot lines - good for them, good for the Herald to be depicted on TV at a time when there was very little Australian-made fiction TV. Well for whatever reason this time around they didn't bother with that but instead bunged a headline 'MAN SHOT' over front page made up of at least a couple of stories - one about industrial action at Melbourne High and another I can't make sense of. 

The base cover used is dated 13 February 1971. Maybe if I ever get desperate for something to do, I'll go and check that but the Herald had a few editions each day and the State Library (for instance) only ever kept one of them, so... 

This is episode S8 E13 of Homicide, 'In the Dark', aired 11 May 1971. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...