Tuesday, December 06, 2022

and now (a week ago) I have covid



Putting my posts a week ahead means I am now stuck in this vicious cyrcle re: the relating of things. This new development is directly a consequence of (in a manner of speaking - I mean obviously I could have got it anywhere) my trip to Auckland. Yesterday I hadn't slept much and I suppose I figured that was why I felt a bit crumby and slept a lot in the late afternoon and also went to bed at 8pm and slept a lot then too. But it didn't occur to me that I had a disease until this afternoon when I just felt kind of crappy so for shits and giggles went and got a RAT (they're like PINs, remember - the 't' is for test, the 'n' is for number but really we should call them RA tests and PI numbers so we know what we're talking about). I assumed this would be so I could say yeah I don't feel great but it's not covid, I checked. Well it is covid, I checked. How bad is that. 

Oh look it doesn't feel that bad really right now, the annoying thing is keeping Perry entertained and active, but I'll manage. Did you ever read Greg Wadley's Diary of a Cold? It's a comedy masterpiece of the 90s. I wonder if I could ever compete. Nah. 

BTW I did go to the market this morning so I have provisions for a few days, which is good, who knows if I spread my disease though, maybe I have already killed people. I've been at a conference, to Te Atatu, on a plane/in an airport, to the Market... I didn't spend any time in close quarters with anyone though, luckily. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...