Thursday, December 01, 2022

flook december 1952

Just a reminder that, in the way that Flashez used to run a Batman serial, my periodically purloined Flook series is the North American run of the strip, the only one I have had access to. Strangely....

in September 1952 the Adelaide Advertiser started running Flook but it was the original strip which had begun in the UK in 1949, in blocks of five each in its Saturday section, for a couple of years. Go figure. Anyway, back to normal programming...












 











It will be interesting to see how whoever had the job of tinkering with Flook to make it comprehensible to North Americans will handle this English private school story. The clash of cultures between 'Scram, you little jerk' and 'Gosh, that's a turn-about' is going to pose a problem. Roll on 1953! 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...