Saturday, August 27, 2022

homicide sixth season and albion


A milk bar scene in S6E6. They have a new Passiona poster.

So I have got a little concerned that I am becoming a bit of a Homicide bore (becoming!). But I also want to make sure I stay on top of the changes in the show. So I just want to mention that by season 6 it's really comfortable in its skin. There are still some weird non sequiturs but essentially the plotting is tight and the actors know why they're there. There are no weird one-scene characters like there were in early years, and there are even some good solid nuanced set pieces. Series 5 ended with a chronically terrible storyline (featuring Lorraine Bailey no less) about a couple who wanted to adopt a little boy (to replace one that died - that's a really weird angle, the script could have just said they couldn't have children, but maybe there were other reasons that couldn't be said, although still it begs questions) and George Mallaby and Lionel Long sang a ghastly song at a children's christmas party that just should never have happened and some little boys dressed as the four detectives sang a song too. That was terrible. But the new season is very solid. It also has different closing titles - I'm not really sure why, since the new closing titles are basically the same idea (shots from the back seat of a car of some unidentifiable detectives driving through some streets). Maybe the film wore out.

In other news today I had to take a photo in Albion so I dropped by the old townhouse where I lived 2017-9 to see what had changed. Answer is, nothing. It's still a dive but (as mentioned a few weeks ago) also there's some new build going on. Pics say it all. 




I had no feelings about the Albion place, it was not a time in my life that really held much meaning in the scheme of things. Nancy had a friend then though so it would have meant something to her. It was probably a mistake to move to Albion when it comes down to it but who knew. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...