Friday, August 12, 2022

better call saul penultimate episode and hot chocolate and a reastaurant

So Better Call Saul is drawing to a close and I am finding it freaky to try and watch the second last episode which was made available on Tuesday (I am looking forward to cancelling my Stan subscription though as soon as that happens - talk about a streaming service with absolutely nothing that appeals to me aside from one thing that appeals very much). I finally steeled myself to watch half the episode this morning (up to where JimmySaul breaks into the cancer man's house). At this point the show is no longer in any sense a prequel but totally a sequel. Which is understandable but does kind of fuck up the overall continuity (until a few episodes ago you could have said, you can watch this whole thing like those faked up Star Wars prequel movies that made the real first and second films the 9th and 23rd or whatever). 

Anyway I guess I will get through to the end of that episode sometime today. Then I will no doubt be on edge for a while. 

I didn't get round to showing you the rest of my Bendigo trip from the other day, you probably feel on edge yourself. Well, I didn't go to this reastaurant: 
Not did I go to this cafe which I only photographed because of the Minna Leunig:
Oh, on the way back from Bendi I went past my old Albion stomping ground where I haven't set foot since I left in 2019 but I was adequately interested to photograph it going past:
^ No change here
^ Change - the car park - big deal right
^ Change - my townhouse block there and some building shizzle in front of it (ie in the foreground), don't know what that's about but it looks residential, and there's been some grotesque new buildings put in next to it. 
^ 'My' block again. 

^ Not a Bendigo picture - it's just that handsome Chanticleer looking dreamily at me* because like many cats (and dogs) he thinks I rock. 
^ I don't know why I own this or how long I have owned it but last night I realised it was the only album I own that I had never played and I did and, like all my other records, it's really very good. It's a lot more sparse than I expected, which possibly just means that the bulk of it (aside from the hit single which in this case was 'Heaven's in the Back Seat of My Cadillac') was recorded fast 'n' cheap with no particular frills (a few disco-y violins, that's it). But it's really solid. Mind you that's only side 1,  I will turn it over sometime in the next 25 years.  

*Alright he's not looking at me but that's only because I interposed a phone between my eyes and his. He went back to looking dreamily at me right after. 

2 comments:

Wayne Davidson said...

If you haven't seen it and you have any subscription time left I'd heartily recommend 'Landscapers' on Stan.

David said...

Gosh, OK

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...