Thursday, January 14, 2021

box of crap # umpteen


This tin, probably a biscuit tin from about 80+ years ago is rusty, ugly, basically a nasty thing to have around. Why do I have it, why do I still have it after identifying it as such? Why did I briefly think 'well, I could use this to put pens in' or whatever I thought? It's gross, and if I saw it on the footpath, I wouldn't look at it twice. I certainly wouldn't pick it up. Some things you end up keeping because you've kept them. Ugh, I started thinking this might extend to friendships, and of course being me I didn't think 'who do I retain as a useless, rusty, ugly, nasty friend I should logically jettison' and instead I thought 'who retains me as a useless, ugly...' etc.

Anyway, binning this today. I mean unless you want it. 

1 comment:

Person I want to be said...

Sensation! Archeologists discovered the oldest dustiest screenshot of canonical friendzoning.

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...