Monday, July 08, 2024

more hong kong (a week ago) part one

Yesterday (Monday 1/7) I did a bit of idle (?) wandering around HK, it was extremely warm all day and even into the night. The day seemed to take about a week, there was so much to take in. Extraordinary. I am still not entirely sure what to make of it all, or what to make of the fact I am such a dweeb I found it so dazzling. First things first, I got an Octopus card. 

Then I went to Sha Tin proper, as opposed to where I am staying, a couple of stops up the line from Sha Tin. I had high hopes for Pet's Park and for all I know it's amazing but... 

...this was the only pet currently in residence: 

I am not sure what Olympic event this picture is promoting/commemorating. 
Um... like the Pet's Park I was too early for this. Opens at 11:

I don't quite know what these figures signify, but I liked how corroded they were on top. It's cool 

And this is like, wow, a building. It's tall!!!
And this was going to be a series on what people presented to the world from their apartment windows but I didn't really see anything much of great interest. 
More soon, my computer is overheating!!??!!

No comments:

to pyhäjärvi (two weeks ago)

Bit of a fragmented post this one. This afternoon (Saturday 24/8) was my big chance to walk around Pyhäjärvi, a trip I'd done almost exa...