Saturday, July 13, 2024

last couple of days in hong kong - this time last week

I guess if there's a lesson to be learned it's something like either, don't try to find your way around HK on your own or if you do don't use maps on your phone to do it or some other thing that is something to do with general expectations about things being where they are 'meant' to be (I am n.o.t. not criticising HK by the way, not in this regard anyway, I'm just saying that I found it very disorienting etc - but of course - I am who I am). 

I'll probably post about the record shop I did get to go into soon enough but right now here's the one that was closed when I got there. Zoo records. A little peek through the window made me think, well, I'm kind of glad that it's closed so there's no need for me to awkwardly engage with the owner (there was almost no space in it do anything that wasn't awkward - and as it was there were two people waiting ahead of me to go in, so jeepers). I just hastened to the lift and hoped the owner didn't show up before I got in it. Of course the lifts were going up and down and almost making it to whatever floor Zoo records was on and then changing its mind and going elsewhere... whatever. I didn't get to Zoo records. I did get to go to Infree records, more about that sometime down the line. 


I don't know why I took this photograph - it is down the corridor from Zoo records outside the lifts. I don't know. 

Sleeping cat at Kowloon Park. I went to Kowloon Park to get some breakfast. I saw on google maps or mapsonmyphone if that's not the same thing that there was a place called something like Cafe on the Park which I imagined might be serviceable. It so wasn't that I initially went right past it, rather than being an actual cafe on the actual park it is the foyer of the boy scouts association with a lot of cake available. 

This (below) is just an amazing building, but they are all amazing buildings in their way, let's be fair. 
And below is where I did get my breakfast. Perfectly fine but not really a restaurant and if the woman who runs it got joy out of life this morning it wasn't through her interaction with me. 

Here are a couple of other curios.

Below ha ha, right? I should post that on facebook and get someone make a bleak, mundane acknowledgement post of the inherent humour. Or they will say, 'how long are you in Hong Kong? Be sure to go to Zoo Records and HK Bit'. Etc

 My wrap up thoughts will come later. 

No comments:

to pyhäjärvi (two weeks ago)

Bit of a fragmented post this one. This afternoon (Saturday 24/8) was my big chance to walk around Pyhäjärvi, a trip I'd done almost exa...