Wednesday, July 10, 2024

hk a week ago i.e. 3 july 2024

The last couple of days have been spent entirely on the conference at the CUHK. I don't think you want to hear about the conference (it's been full of surprises, very diverse, people are friendly of course). Otherwise I haven't been out and about because - you won't believe this - it's too damn hot. 

Leaving the CUHK briefly to go back to my hotel to get a charger, I saw a young woman taking a photo of something, and walking away cheerily. It could only be a nice animal I thought so I went and had a look. Yes it was (above). 

It's going to be too hot (32 degrees but jeepers, it feels so much hotter, I'm not making this up) to do much but I suppose I will bear it for the sake of a few more experiences, maybe tomorrow evening or Saturday. It won't kill me (it won't make me stronger though). We'll see how we go. 

No comments:

to pyhäjärvi (two weeks ago)

Bit of a fragmented post this one. This afternoon (Saturday 24/8) was my big chance to walk around Pyhäjärvi, a trip I'd done almost exa...