Wednesday, November 02, 2022

rip it up

It's been forty years since this album came out (Nov 82), and I don't want to tell you anything you don't already know, but it was a massive disappointment in so many ways. I really don't think this version of Orange Juice captured ten per cent of the excellence of the material up to and including the first album. Oh well. I don't have anything more to say about it. It is what it is and sadly it also isn't what it isn't. 

The hit singles are OK. There are one or two decent tracks. But fuck it. 

It's a shame because all four of them were so thoroughly talented. David McClymont put out his best music ever, a double album, this year that is about a billion times better than this! 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...