Friday, February 19, 2021

tellus

Humming and hahing about whether to purchase (on DVD) Tellus, another Finnish crime drama, this time from 2014, and also featuring Lauri Tilkanen who plays Nurmi in Deadwind. The synopsis:

Over the past four years a group of young activists has executed a series of eco-motivated sabotages. They have not made a single error and the police is totally without leads. Their first mistake accidentally kills someone and the group needs to make a decision: to stop or become more effective by doing selective murders. Eevi, 23, is studying to be a doctor and is one of five activists in Tellus. She falls deeply in love with Alex, 26, who wants to save the environment with legal acts. How could Eevi combine the love with her double life in Tellus? Taneli, 55, an investigator for the Finnish Security Police, returns to work after a minor brain attack. He is immediately back in the investigation of Tellus and the pressure is huge as now Tellus has killed.  How far are we willing to go for our beliefs? A group of young eco-activists under the name 'Tellus' operates, are sabotage against environmentally unfriendly organizations. All their actions are carefully planned so no one runs danger. But when they make a mistake, accidentally there is a dead involved. A manhunt is launched to the members of the group.  An exciting and intelligent Finnish crime series on the moral dilemmas of a group of young environmentalists.  

I'm going to suggest this is actually two synopses twice, the second one (starting I think with 'A group of young eco-activists...' but certainly once you get to 'accidentally there is a dead involved') a computer translation. But I don't know. 

Jesus I wish my name was Pirkka-Pekka.

Update: yes, I altered this a few hours after posting because I decided the observations in the original post weren't appropriate to, I don't know, niceness. I note 11 people have already seen it so if you were one of those I'm sorry. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...