Thursday, February 11, 2021

back back back


My back continues to give me as they say gyp (btw I looked this up on wiktionary and although they have no direct connection between this word and all the other words which are derogatory and about 'gypsies', you'd have to assume everybody who ever used it up until now assumed it was in some way a reference to 'gypsies' and how they were so awful their mere existence causes bodily pain in others). It is not my back per se, it's a muscle or two (not sure how many) in my lower back which all along for 55 years without thinking about it I have activated when sitting, standing or lying down. So basically anything inbetween these is more or less fine (with some twinges). (There was a moment a couple of days ago when I was doing nothing at all and it just suddenly started to get worse and worse, but it dissipated; that was a panicky few seconds, because I could see no obvious way to make it stop). 

As per my knee 'injury' last year, it's not really that bad, completely manageable and it's not like this was the week I was going to compete in the over-50s Olympics, and all that really concerns me is that it not get worse (and of course that it ultimately get better, which I imagine it probably will, in fact, it is improving slowly I think). I can walk (not that I'm likely to be doing that much today, which is a gross hot one) I just have those moments at times when I have to strategise a new way of standing up, which is a hassle but that's all it is. 

I'm taking ibuprofen which makes me feel slightly seedy, that's the only word I can use for it - like the very tail end of a hangover - though apparently although I got the strongest on the shelf in the chemist I should have asked for the special under the counter stuff. Don't know why that has to be a thing in this day and age. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...