Thursday, February 25, 2021

more important back pain information from me


I wonder what went into De Witt's Pills, which I gather were liver pills. There was a letter from a doctor in the Sydney Morning Herald last year saying that it made people piss blue and another saying one ingredient was podophyllum. If they were like Carter's Little Liver Pills then they were actually just ('just') a laxative. Anyway, I just wanted to tally and tabulate my renewed back pain problem which is muscular. As I explained a few posts back, I know this because of the way it manifests in sitting and standing problems. This morning when I woke up I could barely move but once I am up and walking I am fine and indeed by the end of yesterday, a day in which I walked 15 thousand steps, I was absolutely fine to the degree I figured I'd licked the problem (again). I'm sure it'll be over in the next day or two and I just need to learn how not to aggravate it while I also learn how to counteract it, and while I can't really guess at what revived it a few days ago, I suppose I will just not do anything that might possibly revive it. 

Yesterday was a productive fieldwork day in the western suburbs with a colleague, going around the nascent 'fringe' real estate developments of late capitalism. Some of them I have to say were actually really appealing, some of them not at all, not that I am tempted to buy into a 'future community', except in the sense that (like most people) when invited by the moment to peer into a possibility I do so for a second. That's not temptation, just empathy or something. By the end of the day - a lot of driving, a lot of walking - I was both starving and overstimulated. 

Meanwhile on the page of the Women's Weekly which precedes the above advertisement, there is a really terrible example of how to keep someone you value in your life. 

A wise man, Sting, or was it Elton John, once sang if you love someone don't shoot them. It seems counterintuitive but I suppose all opinions are valid. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...