Friday, February 19, 2021

a review i wrote, apparently, for some reason, possibly to be published somewhere, fifteen years ago


Neville Staple
The Rude Boy Returns
(Reign Records)

Neville Staple was once a member of The Specials.
This record features Rat Scabies and Mick Jones as guests
It sounds like it was recorded at a midi studio one afternoon.
The songs are grotesquely awful, pastiches of the good work Staple was once involved in.
I resent it sorely for the time I wasted listening to it.

2021 observation: apparently this was issued in a kind of Rude Boy Returns, Returns situation on vinyl last year. Christ! Some things deserve to be thoroughly forgotten forever. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...