Thursday, February 18, 2021

deadwind: a classic moment


 

If anyone ever asks you to visit Finland with them, make sure they haven't taken too much of Deadwind to heart and also make sure they don't want to kill you. This sequence in particular suggests (well, admittedly, I haven't seen the whole of season 2, so maybe there are ramifications for Sara, the Mayor of Helsinki, for pushing the disloyal former associate Henri, who has just obliquely threatened her, into the sea) that it is perfectly possibly to drown someone in a matter of minutes while your blind daughter is going to get ice cream on the waterfront of what is basically central Helsinki. Sara seems confident (up to a point, I suppose) that there are no cameras or even passive bystanders/observers around to witness this, much less do something about it. 

WHAT NOT EVEN BELIEVABLE 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...