Sunday, February 21, 2021

an item from an age editorial from 100 years ago today


(21 Feb 1921, p. 4) The Age in 1921 was a really dull and mean little paper and people must not have had the internet or something, if this thing could actually sustain interest. I mean it didn't even have a Green Guide. Anyway, this editorial reads to me like there was nothing to editorialise about and someone ordered someone to have a negative opinion about something that actually wasn't a terrible idea, just to fill up column inches. The railways should pick up on things like this today, except there aren't enough places railways go anymore. Baldwin Spencer was a man of his time by which I mean he studied Aboriginal people and considered them an inferior species. That has nothing to do with this article but it's still true. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...