Sunday, June 09, 2024

other frankston (yesterday)

So since we were in Frankston North we thought, well, why not go to Frankston. Maybe we'll stumble on Graham Kennedy's house. I don't actually know where that is/was, so it would be a stumble. But also, we thought, maybe we'll see some interesting places. We did. This was the most interesting, and it doesn't look like it's got long to live. I hope it's not Graham Kennedy's house. Anyway, as you can see...
This site might one day soon be this delightful and unique proposition. 
We were up high on the cliffs just south of Frankston proper, so we went and sat down and looked at the sea for a short time. And the sky. 

And a bird (or two)

Then we went past this house, which had a really high wall which made me think, it must be interesting. So I took a picture of it over the wall, reasoning that, were I to be a very tall person, I would have been able to look over anyway. 
Then we went down a dirt road. This was one of those roads you first think, well, that's got to be a boring road to nothing because it's an unmade, shabby thing. Then you think wait a minute... perhaps that's just what they want me to think. It was! I mean, it was what they wanted me to think. Because it did have some really interesting houses in it, like this one, which I wasn't really able to capture that well but hopefully you get a sense of it. 
Similarly, this one was better than my picture suggests. 
And again... 
Then we went into real Frankston and I made Perry stay in the car while I had quick lunch. This was what they gave me to mark my table when I placed my order. It's good isn't it. I should have stolen it. 
But no, we left Frankston every bit as honest as when we went there. Must go back soon, it was really good. 

Update a couple of days later: did a bit of research and it appears that GK's house is no longer there, demolished long ago, but we were in very much the right part of Olivers Hill so we intuited it, definitely. 

No comments:

flook in the second half of september 1954