Saturday, June 01, 2024

cats in the council yards

Pretty much every day Perry and I do the same walk. I never thought of myself as someone who could tolerate doing the same walk every day but for some reason it's bearable, in fact, sometimes I even look forward to it. I mean Perry is a good friend and I enjoy his company, so that might be part of it. There are deviations we can do to get to the same end point. 

One of the things that interests (but also concerns) me is the cats in the council yards we pass through at the end of the journey. I assume they are feral and they are also apparently being fed. But it can't be a nice life and indeed it might be brutal and short, I'm not sure. There are a lot of cats apparently being born right now (I'm getting emails from the Lost Dogs Home telling me that they need money to desex cats) and I think every responsible person should take a couple more in. Personally I would take any of these monsters home and nurture them until they became adorable on the inside as well as the outside, but catching them is the hard part. 







No comments:

flook in the second half of september 1954