Tuesday, August 01, 2023

flook august 1953















I have tended not to comment on obvious alterations for the North Americans (at least not as much as I could) but this 'white cliffs of England' thing is pretty ridiculous! I don't know what else to say about it though. 




If you can explain why the lions went from white to black, I'd love to hear from you.

But more importantly, I just want to say (as I may already have done) I am very, very impressed by Wally Fawkes' art generally and in these strips I think he's really excelling himself - the composition of each frame is just masterful. The second frame above, with the lions circling, is amazing. The designs on the boats and that whole sequence (8-18) are remarkable. He's a really great artist. 


I guess I kind of imagine Flook talking in the voice of Margaret Rutherford, maybe slightly electrically distorted. 





1 comment:

B Smith said...

Great script, great artwork - it's a shame Flook has been so poorly served in the way of reprint volumes (they're reprinting just about everything else these days).

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...