Thursday, August 03, 2023

'well it's something in your life'

When I got married my grandmother congratulated me and I mumbled some response and she said, 'well, it's something in your life'. I am well aware that this is one of those comments that are just basically the mundane icing on a mundane cake, but it's stuck with me. 

Here are a few things in my life:

On the weekend Laura, Leonard and I went to some Open House places she chose from research. This one is a block away from us, the Ukrainian church c. 1962, and it was amazing inside, but I'll wait for Laura to blog about it, her pictures were better than mine. 

This is bullshit as all bullshit - well - I'll hold off on opinionating about the concept of building an apartment block purely for renters but the whole 'we're local' thing is just preposterous. So League of Gentleman, mainly I mean in the sense of local shop for local people rather than Pappa Lazarou but perhaps a bit that too. I note that the building site has some indigenous-styled art on it as well but I won't make any appropriation accusations in that dept either, I have no information. 

Home life 

If I may indulge in a little more duolingo paranoia I'm coming up to my one-year streak and I have a strong feeling it's making things much easier for me (I will do the above no worries) in preparation for me feeling good about renewing my superduolingo subscription. I probably will.  


No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road