Friday, August 25, 2023

kororoit creek

Yesterday Perry and I went for a long walk along this stretch of Kororoit Creek. Would recommend. 
The area is very sculpted, a lot of mown grass is what I mean, which I know is not to everyone's taste, but it does give it a bit of a dreamscape quality - once again not to everyone's taste obvs. I can enjoy it in small doses, I think in part because it has a non-specific nostalgic feel to it. 
The heavenesqueness of it was only strengthened by the appearance of actual pearly gates labelling on the horizon.
This is the Glengala Drain. It's a long space with precisely no access to it anywhere along its length - only at the ends. Which is stunningly bad planning really. 


After we got out of this part of town Perry and I went to my old hang at Perth Avenue, Albion because I just wanted a quick look at the Westgate shops big w. And bought some pierogi. 
Then a quick stop off at the op shop in Hampshire Road where the only really interesting purchase was a 1964 cook book with pictures like this:





 nom nom 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...