Tuesday, July 18, 2023

homicide '8mm'

First aired 18 March 1976. 

I was mainly interested in this episode because it has a McDonalds in it. As far as I recall McDonalds came to Australia in 1975 or near as damnit. So this was a very new phenomenon. 


Melbourne Age 5 April 1975 p. 28

And also, George Spartels - once again not playing a Greek or Italian but a different kind of foreigner. A New Zealander. His character name's John Smith I shit you not. 

Update 22 July: A propos of 'John Smith' I think it is the next episode - which is called 'Graveyard Shift' - where someone is mentioned as having checked into a hotel under the name 'John Smith', an atypically terrible continuity failure.

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...