Tuesday, May 23, 2023

road trip (last week)


So this is a week ago but right now when I wrote it...

Perry and I are gearing up to go on a big fat road trip for the next three days - staying in Leeton tonight, Bathurst tomorrow night and um I forget where on Thursday night - probably Albury. I hope I booked that... ha ha. I have been mainly concentrating on the Bathurst-Orange (and Vittoria) leg of the journey and the practicalities of disrupting our week and getting out of the house for three and a half days. 


So this afternoon after finishing my staff meeting I am going to hot foot it to Coburg where Perry will be spending a couple of active hours with his cousin Lenny (Lennie?)* then we will make our way to Leeton first stop Seymour. This is all field work - filming work, photographing places with a view to writing up a conference paper etc. My main concern at this point is how Perry will behave out of his comfort zone and whether it will be possible to give him enough exercise etc when a big part of every day will be driving (he sleeps in the car, so that's great, but I will have to sleep at night...). 

Stay tuned for what happened... 

*Lenni

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...